Submissions are now open for the 2016 Dawson City Calendar.
The theme of the Calendar is “Celebration.” All photos should capture this theme.
- Photos must be at least 10″ on the longest side (top/bottom) at 300dpi resolution.
- Photos must be in landscape orientation.
- Photos must depict Dawson City … you need to be able to tell the photo is in Dawson and not somewhere else.
- Photos must capture the theme “Celebration” for that month. A few event ideas are below. Check the KVA website for more ideas.
- January: New Year’s, Concerts, Art Openings/talks
- February: Quest checkpoint, tournaments
- March: Trek Over the Top, Thaw-di-Gras, Percy race
- April: Film Festival, Easter
- May: Gold Show, Grad
- June: Commissioner’s Ball/Tea, Dust2Dawson, River Quest, Solstice
- July: Canada Day, Moosehide Gathering, Music Fest
- August: Discovery Days, Authors on 8th
- September: Tournaments, Outhouse Race
- October: Concerts, Thanksgiving
- November: Craft Fairs, Concerts, Remembrance Day
- December: Christmas, Craft Fairs
- All identifiable people in submitted images must be over 19 and must have signed an Image Release for models. Minors in photos may have their parent or guardian sign a release for them.
- Compensation details are available on request.